Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Recruiting Manager in the New York office. Reporting to the Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting, the Manager, in conjunction with other members of the department, will be responsible for lateral associate hiring and other non-partner attorney recruiting programs, which includes playing a key role in the organization, planning and execution of the summer associate and on-campus recruiting programs.
- Responsible for the full-cycle recruitment of lateral associates for certain practice groups. This includes reviewing and selecting resumes, communicating with headhunters, scheduling interviews, eliciting feedback from partners and coordinating offers. Assist in the lateral partner recruiting process, including but not limited to, reviewing resumes, record keeping, scheduling interviews and being involved in candidate discussions.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of the summer associate program, including but not limited to ordering summer associate gifts, planning, overseeing and attending events, and encouraging attorneys to attend various summer programs.
- Play a key role in planning and executing the firm’s on-campus recruiting efforts, including coordination with the law school placement offices/hotels regarding logistics, coordinating schedules for interviews and other recruiting-related tasks as necessary.
- Work closely with the Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting and the Director of Diversity and Professional Development in the selection of campus interviewers, organize OCI materials, prep and debrief on-campus interviewers; interact with law students during on-campus recruiting events, as well as during follow-up efforts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry that have short and long-term implications on the business.
- Assist the Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting with the employment visa application process, including the completion and filing of necessary paperwork and monitoring the application process.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain close communication with candidates, colleagues, law school student groups, professional organizations, and external recruiters.
- Assist in collecting and submitting data for various Recruiting-related annual surveys.
- Responsible for other projects as assigned by the Director of Legal Personnel and Recruiting.