About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with approximately 1,600 attorneys in Beijing, Chicago, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Shanghai and Washington, D.C. Our practice consists of sophisticated corporate transactions and litigation matters including antitrust and competition, intellectual property, restructuring, real estate, tax, benefits and estate planning, white collar criminal defense and securities enforcement, regulatory, environmental, energy, commodities, communications, securities, creditors' rights, private equity and venture capital. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions and leveraged buyout and venture capital firms.
Essential Job Functions
The Firmwide Administrative Services Specialist works with the Associate Director FW Attorney Programs and Events to facilitate multiple partnership initiatives and programs on a firmwide basis.This position will handle highly sensitive information and work with attorneys at every level within the firm.
The Specialist works with the Associate Director on the following activities for various committees:
- Assist with preparation and distribution of agendas, including electronic and hardcopy versions
- Update committee minutes
- Assist with all aspects of planning and execution of Partner meetings
The Specialist oversees the following for the attorney reviews & compensation:
- Ensure compensation is correctly entered into the Firm’s HR system for all Non-Share Partners ("NSP") and Of Counsels.
- Facilitate the annual NSP and Of Counsel review processes. This includes tracking offer letters, special compensation, promissory notes and secondments. The Specialist also prepares data reports and other items for the review process, including tracking of outplaced NSPs and separation agreements and year-end compensation letters.
- Lateral NSP/Of Counsel onboarding/off boarding.
The Specialist works with the Associate Director to oversee the following for admittance and licensing:
- Prepare Partnership admittance letters.
- Facilitate the annual office license renewals for Beijing and Shanghai
- Renew the Firm's annual Lawyers' Professional Liability Policy with ALAS, Inc.
- Renew the Firm's annual Management Liability/Employment Practices Liability Insurance - work with the Firm's HR department on this renewal
- Renew the Firm's Lawyers Professional indemnity Insurance with AON Risk Solutions
- File the renewal of the Firm's Limited Liability Partnership registrations in all jurisdictions, as well as the Firm’s LLP designation in IL, Delaware, and with the IL Supreme Court.
- Collaborate with the Firm's Asia offices, calendar courts and the Firm's contacts at National Registered Agents Inc. to complete the registration application process for select attorneys in the Asia offices.
The Specialist reviews internal personnel notices pertaining to NSPs or of counsels and makes any necessary updates in response to those notices.The Specialist will also work with the local Attorney Professional Development teams to ensure any necessary updates are made for NSPs or of counsels within their systems.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.