Holland & Knight is seeking a full-time IT Applications Manager to work at our global Administration office in Brandon, FL (Tampa Bay area). The IT Applications Manager will plan, direct and manage the IT Application team to ensure the implementation and upgrade of firm applications as well as strong management over day-to-day operations to meet current and future business needs. This individual will provide Firm-wide direction, planning and support for all application software and will be responsible for development, maintenance, and support of the firm’s applications including desktop tools, enterprise content management, legal practice applications, and productivity tools. EOE AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions include:
- Manage and lead the applications team that implements/upgrades application and provides level two support for escalation issue.
- Coordinate with all relevant departments and locations with regards to training and testing on existing and upgraded systems
- Manage and track the progress of multiple projects inclusive of defining goals & requirements, managing project timelines, budgeting, assigning & allocating resources, coordinating third-parties, managing risks, contingency planning, and communication of status.
- Ensures the project activities are completed within established time and budgets, and that objectives conform to firms overall standards and operations objectives
- Interacts with peer groups, director level executives and other senior level executives as needed in delivering the objectives for the production operations.
- Work with Change Management/ Release Management for change events
- Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and realize operational efficiencies
- Provide technical leadership, operational analysis, design, and consultation to internal business units in areas of business process improvement, systems implementation/improvement, data architecture/management, and reporting.
- Support of incident management functions, work closely with other groups as needed to mitigate user impacts
- Maintain relationships with application vendors
- Measure the resulting efficiency/effectiveness of team processes
- Manage software design lifecycles in support of development, evolution, and maintenance of systems integrations.
- Understanding of the design and implementation of proactive monitoring and health checks
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT support groups
- Create project plans to detail the steps required to implement technology initiatives including developing project schedules with appropriate resources, adequate funding and timely delivery. Participate in all aspects of project deployment including product research, vendor interviewing and contracting and IT testing.
- Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures and ensure they are documented, effective, consistent and repeatable. Develop an environment with robust processes and controls.
- Feel comfortable with both the "front and back end" of the house so to speak as the person in this role will also assist with escalated end user support when needed