BakerHostetler is recognized as one of the leading law firms in the country. With nearly 950 attorneys located in 14 offices from coast to coast, we’re a great place to work for those who seek personal growth and a collaborative environment.
We deliver the highest quality counsel to our clients, including Boeing, Cardinal Health, Caterpillar Inc., Colgate-Palmolive, E.W. Scripps, Exxon Mobil, Ford Motor Company, KeyCorp and the Progressive Corporation.
The firm maintains the same values as when it was founded over a century ago; love and respect for the law, respect for each other, and the courage to make hard decisions on the basis of what we know to be right. Our people help us distinguish our firm through a commitment to the highest standard of client care – and our clients recognize and value this from all of our people.
Our Firmwide Practice Services Department has an excellent opportunity for a Legal Research Services Manager in our Firmwide Atlanta office. The Legal Research Services Manager is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the delivery of research, reference, and training services to attorneys and staff. The Manager works as part of the management team to contribute to and implement the vision established by the Director. The Manager also works closely with the Legal Content Services Team and Business Analyst to promote print and electronic resources, and other Legal Content & Research Services projects and activities. The main responsibilities include:
- Oversees specialization by practice group matching team members to appropriate subject, industry or research expertise to firm practice areas.
- Performs research and serves as subject, industry or research expert in selected areas.
- Manages PTO and/or vacation requests, overtime, coverage personnel changes, and disciplinary actions.
- Directly supervises, mentors, trains and evaluates the performance of members of the Legal Research Services team.
- Assists the Director and management team with the creation and implementation of goals and objectives that align with the firm’s business imperatives and policies and procedures to ensure the effective and balanced delivery of research services.
- Develops goals for the legal researchers that align with department and firm goals.
- Supports the budget process and recommendations for expenditures for the Legal Research Services team.
- Collects, analyzes and reports data with respect to the use of services and uses that data to recommend improvements.
- Establishes internal relationships as necessary to promote or improve services.
- Manages all department research services and ongoing current awareness.
- Creates, reviews, and revises policies and procedures to ensure best practices for responding to research requests.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends legal content resources.
- Promotes the services of the larger Practice Services team across the firm.
- Manages projects as need to support key initiatives and technical systems as assigned.
- Creates communications for delivery to attorney and staff.
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging technologies relevant to research and training services.
- Maintains current knowledge of resources relevant to the firm’s core practice areas and assigned subjects or industries.
- Manages projects and training as needed to support key initiatives and technical systems as assigned.